We don’t have time for new year, new me because we’re too busy with the new ALP!
Over the course of an amazing year establishing antilang. and putting together our first three issues, we noticed contributors tend to gravitate toward certain themes and genres. So, to encourage good short writing in these areas while giving our issues more cohesion and nuance, we’ve decided that our next three issues (antilang. no. 4-6) will be themed. We’re hoping to invite guest editors to help out with each issue (we already have two on board for no. 4—stay tuned for the big reveal!) and lend broader and more diverse perspectives to our team.
“But what are the themes?” you ask. Without further adieu, here’s the plan:
antilang. no. 4: Succinct Speculations (Spring 2019)
- SciFi, fantasy, weird, horror, alternate history/present/reality, etc.
- Details on guest editors, their definitions of “spec fic,” and what they’re looking for in submissions coming soon!
- Submissions open Feb. 1st
antilang. no. 5: Pithy Politics (Fall 2019)
- Bold poems, outspoken prose, and micro manifestos
- Just in time for the Canadian federal election!
- Submissions open June 1st
antilang. no. 6: Blunt Blogs (Winter 2020)
- Creative writing from your blog (any genre/topic)
- A platform for your ‘previously published’ work (because many mags don’t accept work if it’s been on a blog before)
- Submissions open Oct. 1st
See our Submission Guidelines for full details.
A note on soundbite: our audio publication will be open for general submissions during the same windows as antilang. Contributors are welcome to send audio submissions that match antilang.’s themed issues but we’re happy to hear byte-sized readings on other topics as well.